51 USFL Player Signings in NFL, w/Running list in OP

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

K Turpin - TD return

Post by 4th&long »

>> Zach Vaughn
@zvaughn2712
USFL MVP!!
Quote Tweet
Michael Gehlken
@GehlkenNFL
· 1h
Here was Cowboys WR KaVontae Turpin's night Saturday. There might not be another active NFL returner who scores on that punt. If so, the list is very small. Turpin an elite NFL returner before playing his first regular-season down.
Show this thread
8:33 AM · Aug 21, 2022 <<
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: 51 USFL Player Signings in NFL, w/Running list in OP

Post by Gopher123 »

Saints waive QB KJ Costello (Stars).
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:47 pm Saints waive QB KJ Costello (Stars).
I hope that the USFL gets him back, I think he's got potential.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:54 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:47 pm Saints waive QB KJ Costello (Stars).
I hope that the USFL gets him back, I think he's got potential.
He does, just needs playing time to go along with his build and arm strength.
4th&long
MVP

Fox-Undisputed on Turpin

Post by 4th&long »

>> With USFL MVP KaVontae Turpin's kick AND punt return TDs, @ShannonSharpe
believes he'll have a big impact on the Cowboys:

"It's been a long time since the Cowboys had a returner and he might be their best one since Prime Time."<<
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Channing Stribling was released by Washington today. Tino Ellis and Shakur Brown were released off IR with settlements.

On a positive note, Bailey Gaither was claimed by the Giants after the Ravens cut him.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:46 pm Channing Stribling was released by Washington today. Tino Ellis and Shakur Brown were released off IR with settlements.

On a positive note, Bailey Gaither was claimed by the Giants after the Ravens cut him.
Bad news for Gaither...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... f-waivers/

>> Receiver Bailey Gaither, whom the Giants claimed off waivers from the Ravens, did not pass his physical, the Giants announced. The team waived him with a failed physical designation.

Gaither spent time with the Packers last offseason and played in the USFL before signing with the Ravens in July. He did not play in their first preseason game but had two catches for 18 yards last Thursday for the Ravens.<<
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Isaiah Zuber with an INT vs the Patriots.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/ra ... y-2630589/

Interestingly enough he made his pro debut with the Patriots against the Raiders in week three of 2020.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:59 am Isaiah Zuber with an INT vs the Patriots.

Interestingly enough he made his pro debut with the Patriots against the Raiders in week three of 2020.
MG - You could include the punch line - Zuber is a WR, yet got an INT in the game.

>> Raiders’ wide receiver Isaiah Zuber catching a pass in the second half of an exhibition game would hardly have warranted a mention in most scenarios.

The fact he did it on defense to record an interception against the Patriots in a 23-6 victory at Allegiant Stadium on Friday night made it a bit more noteworthy.

“I was like, ‘Is this ball really coming to me?’” Zuber said of his defensive highlight. “But it was a great experience.”<<

Zuber had some increadible catches in USFL. I hope he makes at least PS.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:49 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:59 am Isaiah Zuber with an INT vs the Patriots.

MG - You could include the punch line - Zuber is a WR, yet got an INT in the game.

>> Raiders’ wide receiver Isaiah Zuber catching a pass in the second half of an exhibition game would hardly have warranted a mention in most scenarios.

The fact he did it on defense to record an interception against the Patriots in a 23-6 victory at Allegiant Stadium on Friday night made it a bit more noteworthy.

“I was like, ‘Is this ball really coming to me?’” Zuber said of his defensive highlight. “But it was a great experience.”<<

Zuber had some increadible catches in USFL. I hope he makes at least PS.
Yeah but everybody here knows what position Zub plays as his day job. If they didn't know they could ask.

Julio Jones picked Russell Wilson off once, I don't think anyone has to ask if he was playing DB