CBS-S: Taulia Tagovailoa signs with CFL team

Discuss the Canadian Football League here.
4th&long
MVP

CBS-S: Taulia Tagovailoa signs with CFL team

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... fl-roster/

>>The CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed former Maryland star quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa, the Big Ten's all-time passing leader. Tagovailoa, who ran out of eligibility after five seasons with the Terrapins, was not selected in the 2024 NFL Draft and did not sign with any NFL teams despite rookie minicamp tryouts with the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals. <<

I would call this a pretty big CFL or alt league signing. I would have liked to have seen him in UFL.  I'll be interested to see if he sticks in the CFL.
MGB01
MVP

Re: CBS-S: Taulia Tagovailoa signs with CFL team

Post by MGB01 »

Probably not, he already had accuracy concerns and didn't do much to dissuade them in either tryout. I would imagine he stays on the PS for the whole year, if he does.

johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:53 am Probably not, he already had accuracy concerns and didn't do much to dissuade them in either tryout. I would imagine he stays on the PS for the whole year, if he does.

Well, he just scored his first TD today. I don't think it was at QB but he did score.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

He was in for a few plays and scored on a three-yard run, they also tried to get him a score at the end of the game but he got sacked.

Brutal loss for the Argos (this would be like DC losing to Memphis or Houston), fortunately if there was any year that says having six playoff teams is stupid, this is it.