OT-Big 3 sells first franchise

United Football League (2024) Discussion
laxtreme56
Head Coach

OT-Big 3 sells first franchise

Post by laxtreme56 »

It only took 7 years, but the Big 3 basketball circuit sold its LA team for $10M. The league expect 4 more teams to be sold prior to the start of this season and hopes for all 12 y 2025. Big 3 is much cheaper to produce than pro football, but it’s still nice to see another alternative league get its due. If/when UFL teams get sold, what will the asking price be?

https://www.vibe.com/news/sports/ice-cu ... 234877955/
Sounder
Coach

Re: OT-Big 3 sells first franchise

Post by Sounder »

Dwayne paid 15 mil for the entire XFL.  After playing a couple seasons ... I'd say 5 mil is a good start.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sounder wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:49 am Dwayne paid 15 mil for the entire XFL.  After playing a couple seasons ... I'd say 5 mil is a good start.
Out of chapter 11 and with no visible assets, a bit different four years later
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

So it appears they're moving away from the touring model in hopes of building stronger brands and fan bases for each team. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work given how short BIG3 games are.
super390
Running Back

Post by super390 »

So it appears they're moving away from the touring model in hopes of building stronger brands and fan bases for each team. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work given how short BIG3 games are.
I had an idea for a sport with a similar problem, Super Sevens rugby..  Also designed for an all-day tournament of very short games.  To make it a normal one-match event, you have separate women's and men's teams, and have them alternate quarters.  This just might be the moment for Big 3 to get into women's basketball.  The problem is, who gets to play the 4th quarter?  I don't think having the men play the 1st and 4th will work.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

super390 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:45 pm
I had an idea for a sport with a similar problem, Super Sevens rugby..  Also designed for an all-day tournament of very short games.  To make it a normal one-match event, you have separate women's and men's teams, and have them alternate quarters.  This just might be the moment for Big 3 to get into women's basketball.  The problem is, who gets to play the 4th quarter?  I don't think having the men play the 1st and 4th will work.
Interesting idea. Not sure how the fans would react, but interesting.

And the WNBA needs some competition, given how much of an embarrassment it has been to women's basketball.
super390
Running Back

Post by super390 »

Now that I think about it, I have a solution due to the Big3's scoring system.  Instead of a game, it's a 5-game series where the men and women alternate for short games, since a Big3 game ends when a team reached 50 points, which could be reduced.

So men play Games 1, 3 and 5.  Women play 2 and 4.  The WNBA already plays games 20% shorter than the NBA.