PFN-JL: Breaking EJ Perry on Injured Reserve - Sign QB Perkins

United Football League (2024) Discussion
4th&long
MVP

PFN-JL: Breaking EJ Perry on Injured Reserve - Sign QB Perkins

Post by 4th&long »

BIG BUMMER - EJ was the MAN!

>>        James Larsen @JamesLarsenPFN 
Breaking: The Michigan Panthers have signed QB Bryce Perkins, placing starting QB E.J. Perry on injured reserve. Perkins played his college football at Arizona State & Virginia, and most recently was with the Los Angeles Rams. Danny Etling slated to start on Sunday. #UFL  Bryce Perkins 
9:02 PM · Apr 24, 2024  <<

4th&long
MVP

Re: PFN-JL: Breaking EJ Perry on Injured Reserve - Sign QB Perkins

Post by 4th&long »

MORE:

https://pfnewsroom.com/news/michigan-pa ... rry-to-ir/

>> The Michigan Panthers have lost starting QB E.J. Perry for the season. This has led to the team signing Bryce Perkins, filling that third signal caller position prior to week five’s matchup against Memphis. <<

The loss of EJ for the game and season could have major implications on USFL Conference #2 seed.  Some freaky sh#t can happen this week to really tighten things up.  Alot is riding on Danny Etling in Mich.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I don't think even the 2001 XFL had this many injuries. 
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 am I don't think even the 2001 XFL had this many injuries. 

Artificial Turf ie domes - seems to give less and more injuries occur - I think that may have played a factor in EJ's injury
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 am I don't think even the 2001 XFL had this many injuries. 
Let's test this out!

-Las Vegas Outlaws - lost Chuck Clements during training camp, then Ryan Clement during the season, turning to Mark Grieb
-Orlando Rage - I think Brohm made it through the entire season
-Birmingham Bolts - lost Casey Weldon to injury, turned to Jay Barker
-Memphis Maniax - Started with Marcus Crandell, ended with Jim Druckenmiller. Can't remember if that was a performance-related change or injury
-LA Xtreme - Tommy Maddox made it all the way through
-SF Demons - Mike Pawlawski made it through the whole season I believe
-NY Hitmen - Charles Puleri to Wally Richardson but I think that was performance-based, though Puleri may have been hurt in there too
-Chicago Enforcers - They went to Kevin McDougal after Tim Lester didn't work out.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 am
Let's test this out!

-Las Vegas Outlaws - lost Chuck Clements during training camp, then Ryan Clement during the season, turning to Mark Grieb
-Memphis Maniax - Started with Marcus Crandell, ended with Jim Druckenmiller. Can't remember if that was a performance-related change or injury
-NY Hitmen - Charles Puleri to Wally Richardson but I think that was performance-based, though Puleri may have been hurt in there too
-Chicago Enforcers - They went to Kevin McDougal after Tim Lester didn't work out.
Brohm got injured week 7. Brian Kuklick finished out the season. And Grieb was actually the Outlaws' FOURTH quarterback, after Clements, Clement, and Mike Cawley all got hurt. Birmingham lost Weldon AND Barker to injury as Graham Leigh was forced to finish out what obviously was a lame duck season by that point.

San Francisco, Pawlawski indeed made it to the end of the season, but both he and Pat Barnes were injured in the championship and the game ended up being finished by Oteman Sampson.

As for Memphis... I seem to recall Druckenmiller and Crandell rotating 1A-1B throughout the season, though both remained healthy.

So so far in 2024, we have SA and Michigan without their starters... and Memphis's Case Cookus has to be hanging on by a thread with as many hits as he's taken. So, at the pace we're going... it could well be close.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 am
Let's test this out!

Brohm got injured week 7. Brian Kuklick finished out the season. And Grieb was actually the Outlaws' FOURTH quarterback, after Clements, Clement, and Mike Cawley all got hurt. Birmingham lost Weldon AND Barker to injury as Graham Leigh was forced to finish out what obviously was a lame duck season by that point.

San Francisco, Pawlawski indeed made it to the end of the season, but both he and Pat Barnes were injured in the championship and the game ended up being finished by Oteman Sampson.

As for Memphis... I seem to recall Druckenmiller and Crandell rotating 1A-1B throughout the season, though both remained healthy.

So so far in 2024, we have SA and Michigan without their starters... and Memphis's Case Cookus has to be hanging on by a thread with as many hits as he's taken. So, at the pace we're going... it could well be close.
Wow, looks like same old same old.   Yes Cookus on a thread, lets hope he plays and makes it through this week.