Game thread: Memphis Showboats at Michigan Panthers, Sat May 18, 4:00 PM ET, FOX

United Football League (2024) Discussion
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: Memphis Showboats at Michigan Panthers, Sat May 18, 4:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by 4th&long »

Thx for the info

As far which states are looking - Alabama and Michigan for both USFL/XFL  right 2/4 teams playing today and 2 playoff winners.  And Missouri up there too.

Now put Teams in big markets and watch overall numbers up. 

GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Memphis Showboats at Michigan Panthers, Sat May 18, 4:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by GregParks »

Definitely seemed like a better-attended game than usual in Michigan. And better game on the field than I expected, too.
@gregmparks
Dome Dome Dome
Kicker

Post by Dome Dome Dome »

That looks like Michigan's peak to me. Good team, good timeslot, no local competition, on an island in terms of competing with other nearby UFL teams - all the ingredients you could ask for really. I know its an improvement, but has the bar been set so low for attendance we're gushing over a sub 10k figure? Theres 32k in STL this morning with an 11am start and the Cards playing the Red Sox down the street.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Dome Dome Dome" wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:17 pm That looks like Michigan's peak to me. Good team, good timeslot, no local competition, on an island in terms of competing with other nearby UFL teams - all the ingredients you could ask for really. I know its an improvement, but has the bar been set so low for attendance we're gushing over a sub 10k figure? Theres 32k in STL this morning with an 11am start and the Cards playing the Red Sox down the street.
No one is gushing over 9400 in attendance.  People are please that they ended their season on an upswing.  Stl has no NFL team - Detroit does and LIONS had their first division win in what 30 years and a trip to NFC championship.  So many put things in perspective.   Not to mention the strong TV ratings with Mich games.  Everyone is please with St louis but its not the measuring stick, its an outlier - albeit a very positive one.

Not to mention the abortion to get ticket sales started much later than StL that was a huge mistake, no excuse next yr