Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Memphis Showboats, Sat May 4, 12:00 PM ET, ABC

United Football League (2024) Discussion
MGB01
MVP

Re: Attendance: Birmingham Stallions at Memphis Showboats, Sat May 4, 12:00 PM ET, ABC

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:21 pm

>> The official attendance figure for Week 6’s #UFL game between the Birmingham Stallions and Memphis Showboats at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium is 5,609. <<
Brutal, again.

But hey, 25M for Memphis NIL, and they get less for their spring game than Oregon State (who everyone thinks should just drop football) did for theirs. This needs to be conversation #1 June 3.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Memphis Showboats, Sat May 4, 12:00 PM ET, ABC

Post by 4th&long »

>>  James Larsen @JamesLarsenPFN
ADRIAN MARTINEZ TODAY: 23/36 (64%) 368 Passing Yards 4 TD (#UFL Record) Just another stellar performance from Martinez for the @USFLStallions. Memphis had zero answers for him this year. Adrian is an NFL caliber QB. This guy can SLING it. <<

DAMN!
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Memphis Showboats, Sat May 4, 12:00 PM ET, ABC

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Y'know, it defeats the whole purpose of selling tickets in only one section of the stadium if you're constantly having the cameras spinning around, showing 360-degree panorama shots of all the empty seats Memphis isn't selling.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I think I'm about ready to jump off the Cookus bandwagon. Yeah, protection is a problem, but those two fumbles today were absolute killers in terms of field position and momentum. The second one, I'm still not sure how he lost possession of it. I don't think Troy Williams is necessarily the answer, though at least he gives them a running component that may be more helpful. 
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

GregParks wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 pm I think I'm about ready to jump off the Cookus bandwagon. Yeah, protection is a problem, but those two fumbles today were absolute killers in terms of field position and momentum. The second one, I'm still not sure how he lost possession of it. I don't think Troy Williams is necessarily the answer, though at least he gives them a running component that may be more helpful. 
I once thought the Showboats were a bad luck team, but they have shown me more and I am beginning to think they belong where they are. 

Mind you, they were playing the Stallions, a team with (arguably) two of league's three best quarterbacks. 
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers