Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Arlington Renegades, Sat Mar 30, 1:00 PM ET, FOX

United Football League (2024) Discussion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Arlington Renegades, Sat Mar 30, 1:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by GregParks »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pm Did Victor just knock it away from Sternberger?
Looked like he thought maybe it'd be an interception (two Renegades there) and just tried to knock it away from them. 
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Arlington Renegades, Sat Mar 30, 1:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by MGB01 »

Corral with an end-of-half rainbow to Cain

Reminds me of Russell to Baldwin with the clock running down at Foxboro in 2016
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:37 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pm Did Victor just knock it away from Sternberger?
Looked like he thought maybe it'd be an interception (two Renegades there) and just tried to knock it away from them. 
So it actually ends up being a pretty good play. How many times have we ever had an 11-11 game at any point?

Oh and welcome back Pereira
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Good half of football. Honestly Corrall isn’t living up to his expectations but to be fair, he hasn’t played a snap of regular competitive football in two years. Perez on the other hand is in his second year in this system and has been consistently playing spring ball for four years straight.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

League couldn't ask for more than a tie game at half in a champion vs. champion matchup. 
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Bob Stoops not impressed, but we've got a game. 
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:42 pm Good half of football. Honestly Corrall isn’t living up to his expectations but to be fair, he hasn’t played a snap of regular competitive football in two years. Perez on the other hand is in his second year in this system and has been consistently playing spring ball for four years straight.

Corral hasn't really been bad, he's just really made one mistake (going back to the well with the same flip that went to Sternberger for big yards this time in the teeth of the D). He also had a pair of arguable no-calls. The throw at the end of half was a beauty. I think if the Ole Miss thing hadn't happened (which I'm sure will come up more than a couple times when he starts against JT) he'd be alright.
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:42 pm Good half of football. Honestly Corrall isn’t living up to his expectations but to be fair, he hasn’t played a snap of regular competitive football in two years. Perez on the other hand is in his second year in this system and has been consistently playing spring ball for four years straight.

That said, Corral has looked halfway decent considering the rust. Especially compared to Martinez. Why they put Martinez in, I have no clue, but thankfully Holtz undid the mistake.
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:29 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:28 pm
Coffeeeyes wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Depends on if the attendance is good tbh, I feel like they’ll leak if they’re decent.

Im thinking this looks closer to 15k
That's my estimate, too. Last year had those whole swaths of empty front rows, which they got rid of this year. This year, there seems to be one fairly full sideline, along with the other three being around half-full. Last year was announced at around 12K if I remember right, so 15K to 16K looks like a solid guess.
Which is close to XFL 2020 numbers for the Renegades, which is REALLY good news for the UFL. 
On a semi-related note, perhaps they might consider investing in some tarps, at least for some of those obstructed-view corner sections in the lower bowls that aren't getting sold. It helped a lot with the USFL in Birmingham. Probably too many to pull it off in the upper bowl but it would definitely reduce the awkward shots of whole empty sections.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:48 pm

That said, Corral has looked halfway decent considering the rust. Especially compared to Martinez. Why they put Martinez in, I have no clue, but thankfully Holtz undid the mistake.

Martinez hurt his ankle too so that undid it for him.