UFL Schedule to be Released Feb 5th

United Football League (2024) Discussion
4th&long
MVP

Re: UFL Schedule to be Released Feb 5th

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 am Looks like there's actually 3 weeks where Fox games may be regionalized.Week 4 (April 20 at 7 PM) DC at Birmingham Michigan at San AntonioWeek 5 (April 27 at 7 PM) San Antonio at Arlington Birmingham at HoustonWeek 9 (May 26 at 2:30 PM) DC at Memphis Michigan at Houston

On the plus side, ratings will probably be a bit higher with 2 games in these windows. On the negative side, that's one less game to watch. Remember, XFL 1.0 had an "A" and "B" game for its Saturday night games on NBC.
Good catch - they didn't put the " * " on those games and I missed them.  That would mean 40 net televised games UNLESS they move a time.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 am Looks like there's actually 3 weeks where Fox games may be regionalized.Week 4 (April 20 at 7 PM) DC at Birmingham Michigan at San AntonioWeek 5 (April 27 at 7 PM) San Antonio at Arlington Birmingham at HoustonWeek 9 (May 26 at 2:30 PM) DC at Memphis Michigan at Houston

On the plus side, ratings will probably be a bit higher with 2 games in these windows. On the negative side, that's one less game to watch. Remember, XFL 1.0 had an "A" and "B" game for its Saturday night games on NBC.
All Fox games will be streamed on the Fox Sports App as well. I’m not sure if they black out games there but conceivably you can watch your local market game on Fox at the same time you watch the other on the app.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:02 am

All Fox games will be streamed on the Fox Sports App as well. I’m not sure if they black out games there but conceivably you can watch your local market game on Fox at the same time you watch the other on the app.
I'm a little surprised they haven't brought Tubi into the discussion, given its strong position in streaming. Fox is putting it out free over the air so a free over-the-Internet platform would only make sense.
XFL4ever
Quarterback

Post by XFL4ever »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:54 am
XFL4ever wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:31 am DC at San Antonio on Easter morning. That might be a tough one to attend, I wanted to see that matchup but I always celebrate Easter with Church and family. Guess I'll be watching on TV and may attend the DC at Arlington game on April 13th instead. Still plenty of games to choose from. 
Yes - but looking back to 2022 the most watched single broadcast game was the NBC Easter Sunday game at 12pm delayed till 12:50 start due to rain.  That was 2.2 million - would have preferred Fox for the noon Easter game this yr, but ESPN should do well.
Excellent point. I'll definitely be watching on TV. I'm hoping that the game, in terms of live attendance, is still strong on Easter Sunday (being in the South and all). I'd love for Week 1 to look jam packed on TV.

My son is a big DC fan so we'll probably hit the Arlington / DC game on April 13th. Luckily we live here in TX in an area that's only 3 hours driving distance to both Houston and Arlington, and about 2 hours to SA, so plenty of other games to choose from. Might try a couple for SA, targeting the Michigan game later in the season. Maybe Houston too? We'll have to see what my wallet (and my wife) has to say! 
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Hopefully Michigan will have better attendance.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:25 pm Hopefully Michigan will have better attendance.

Attendance at Mich was good last year, likely better this year  EJ Perry def got the crowd going.
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Which, of course, leads to another question: will we be getting official attendance figures this year? USFL embargoed that information, unlike pretty much every other league. 

I'm assuming that with all their teams in home cities and Russ Brandon now in charge,  that embargo isn't necessary anymore. 
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 pm Which, of course, leads to another question: will we be getting official attendance figures this year? USFL embargoed that information, unlike pretty much every other league. 

I'm assuming that with all their teams in home cities and Russ Brandon now in charge,  that embargo isn't necessary anymore. 
I'm sure it will follow the XFL model - how accurate the numbers are well I thought some cities in XFL were inflated.  Could be paid unused, give aways or what have you.  Not that it matters per se, its all about TV viewership and PAID tix as far as UFL is concerned, especially the former.
4th&long
MVP

SMW: UFL Sch includes games against NCAA CBB Tournament

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/0 ... -football/

Good article (as usual) in SMW on UFL schedule drop with some good finds:

>> The new league is set to debut March 30 with a FOX doubleheader of Birmingham-Arlington and St. Louis-Michigan, followed by an ESPN doubleheader the following day of D.C.-San Antonio and Memphis-Houston. The latter doubleheader is set to face the Elite Eight of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament. ABC is set to make its debut the following Saturday with a primetime Arlington-St. Louis game opposite the NCAA men’s Final Four.  <<

Will be interesting to see what #'s these games get.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Curt Menefee and Joel Klatt will be back and will call the opener.

@gregmparks