UFL Free Agency Thread

United Football League (2024) Discussion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: UFL Free Agency Thread

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:11 am

Nkemdiche was with the Panthers last year but didn’t make it out of camp. What happened there?
He signed with the Edmonton Elks of the CFL:

GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

They included a lot of players already drafted in the dispersal draft(s) or protected, and I was under the assumption they'd already signed LOIs. But of the new names, notable is that San Antonio brought back QB Reid Sinnett, giving them another player at that position. St. Louis signed a kicker to replace Donny Hageman: Andre Szmyt, who was a teammate of their punter, Sterling Hofrichter, at Syracuse.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:01 pm

They included a lot of players already drafted in the dispersal draft(s) or protected, and I was under the assumption they'd already signed LOIs. But of the new names, notable is that San Antonio brought back QB Reid Sinnett, giving them another player at that position. St. Louis signed a kicker to replace Donny Hageman: Andre Szmyt, who was a teammate of their punter, Sterling Hofrichter, at Syracuse.
San Antonio adding Reid Sinnett and Chase Garbers could indicate that both Jack Coan and Kurt Benkert are not coming back because they have Coan, Sinnett, Garbers, Benkert, Matthew McCay and Quinten Dormady. They have six QB right now, so I suspect that it'll be Coan and Benkert that are gone. I find it hard to imagine the Brahmas heading into training camp with 6 QBs
biggy734
Linebacker

Post by biggy734 »

Chad said he wanted to play in the UFL on his show with Shannon Sharpe. He is probably crazy enough to actually try this.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

biggy734 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am

Chad said he wanted to play in the UFL on his show with Shannon Sharpe. He is probably crazy enough to actually try this.
It would not be a good idea for the UFL to do this. Coming into the league in a non playing role? Absolutely, but not as a player.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Brahmas are down one QB: Reid Sinnett was claimed off waivers by the Roughnecks, who released Kenji Bahar in a corresponding move.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:31 pm Brahmas are down one QB: Reid Sinnett was claimed off waivers by the Roughnecks, who released Kenji Bahar in a corresponding move.
TBH, I thought that Kurt Benkert would be the one who would be released by San Antonio, not Sinnett.

Also did San Antonio release Sinnett? The post indicated he had agreed to terms only.  
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:22 pm
GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:31 pm Brahmas are down one QB: Reid Sinnett was claimed off waivers by the Roughnecks, who released Kenji Bahar in a corresponding move.
TBH, I thought that Kurt Benkert would be the one who would be released by San Antonio, not Sinnett.

Also did San Antonio release Sinnett? The post indicated he had agreed to terms only.  
He must’ve been waived somewhere between his agreeing to terms and him being claimed off waivers. I wonder if him agreeing to terms automatically put him back on the Brahmas, which retained his rights when he left for the NFL, then Wade and staff quickly decided they didn’t want him.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Showboats sign Troy Williams, release Ryan Willis and Guy Myers according to James Larsen.

So can some show me how to embed tweets under this new format?

https://t.co/218KzvijMz" / X (twitter.com)