GDAWG
MVP

UFL Free Agency Thread

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: UFL Free Agency Thread

Post by GregParks »

This may be the quietest first day of free agency for any sport, ever :)
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Nkemdiche was with the Panthers last year but didn’t make it out of camp. What happened there?
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I'm interested in seeing who Houston adds to the QB Room. Ace from United Football Media speculates that due to Lionel Vital's NFL ties, it will be a QB who wasn't offered a futures contract or a QB who has been a free agent all season.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:20 pm Ace from United Football Media speculates that due to Lionel Vital's NFL ties, it will be a QB who wasn't offered a futures contract or a QB who has been a free agent all season.
I mean, most if not all UFL GMs/DPPs have ties to the NFL and have worked there previously. I’m not sure what about Vital’s NFL ties make it more likely they’d sign a QB that spurned a futures deal.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:32 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:20 pm Ace from United Football Media speculates that due to Lionel Vital's NFL ties, it will be a QB who wasn't offered a futures contract or a QB who has been a free agent all season.
I mean, most if not all UFL GMs/DPPs have ties to the NFL and have worked there previously. I’m not sure what about Vital’s NFL ties make it more likely they’d sign a QB that spurned a futures deal.
I don't think Zach Potter has any ties to the NFL (as I heard on one of the UFL Shows that he's only 22).
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:47 pm
GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:32 pm
I don't think Zach Potter has any ties to the NFL (as I heard on one of the UFL Shows that he's only 22).
That’s why I qualified it with “most.” :) But I think my overall point still stands.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Edit.
Last edited by GDAWG on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

James Morgan and Ja'Chai Baker will not be signing with any UFL teams:

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2024/0 ... e-lineman/