Jordan Ta'amu

United Football League (2024) Discussion
XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Jordan Ta'amu

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

Any word on if he’s playing? I thought I read somewhere that the Roughriders in the CFL had his rights if he was going North. I know he played well for the defenders, but I’d always kind of hoped he’d make his way back to the Battlehawks.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Jordan Ta'amu

Post by GregParks »

No word yet. What D.C. does - or doesn't - do at QB in these dispersal drafts may give us the answer about Ta'amu's future plans.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Ta'amu is technically a free agent. The Defenders let him walk to pursue an NFL gig this past year. So he might well not be in this dispersal draft.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:25 pm Ta'amu is technically a free agent. The Defenders let him walk to pursue an NFL gig this past year. So he might well not be in this dispersal draft.
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to suggest he was - just that if DC doesn't make a big move for another QB in the draft, it could be an indication that Ta'amu is planning to return. And the opposite would also be true.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:27 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:25 pm Ta'amu is technically a free agent. The Defenders let him walk to pursue an NFL gig this past year. So he might well not be in this dispersal draft.
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to suggest he was - just that if DC doesn't make a big move for another QB in the draft, it could be an indication that Ta'amu is planning to return. And the opposite would also be true.
Good point
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

His backup D'Eriq King might not return either after his promotion to QB Coach at SMU.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:53 pm His backup D'Eriq King might not return either after his promotion to QB Coach at SMU.
Did the Gnerals Deandre Johnson get picked up?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:10 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:53 pm His backup D'Eriq King might not return either after his promotion to QB Coach at SMU.
Did the Gnerals Deandre Johnson get picked up?
I don't think so.

Right now, the Defenders have only one QB Geremy Hickenbottom. I'll be surprised if King comes back. Yes, the UFL is hubbed in Arlington and he could do both, but with his promotion, that means he's likely to coach SMU's Spring Game that could take place the same day as a UFL game.