United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

United Football League (2024) Discussion
Rmbay
Running Back

Re: United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

Post by Rmbay »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:15 pm Notable perhaps that the XFL teams are all selling season tickets (which they had already started before the merger) while the USFL teams are still just doing deposits if you click the link. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have them actually selling the tickets today unless you wanted to do a big deal of that even itself. I can see Houston doing deposits since a location hasn't been announced, but the home fields are known for the others already.
Yeah I was a bit surprised why it's operating like that. A little bit after the team announcements I clicked on some of those links out of curiosity and was happy to see that I had to be put into a queue to buy season tickets for 3 of the XFL teams, so coupled with some of the earlier season ticket reports they seem to be off to a good start.
4th&long
MVP

Re: United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

Post by 4th&long »

Rmbay wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:04 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:15 pm Notable perhaps that the XFL teams are all selling season tickets (which they had already started before the merger) while the USFL teams are still just doing deposits if you click the link. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have them actually selling the tickets today unless you wanted to do a big deal of that even itself. I can see Houston doing deposits since a location hasn't been announced, but the home fields are known for the others already.
Yeah I was a bit surprised why it's operating like that. A little bit after the team announcements I clicked on some of those links out of curiosity and was happy to see that I had to be put into a queue to buy season tickets for 3 of the XFL teams, so coupled with some of the earlier season ticket reports they seem to be off to a good start.
No doubt the XFL ticketing process is a bit ahead of the former USFL teams. I expect that to normalize across all franchises either soon or by 2025. Keep in mind the USFL teams have had events to "pick" your seat etc... $h#t like that. Exciting times in SprgFB
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:01 pm
Rmbay wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:04 pm
No doubt the XFL ticketing process is a bit ahead of the former USFL teams. I expect that to normalize across all franchises either soon or by 2025. Keep in mind the USFL teams have had events to "pick" your seat etc... $h#t like that. Exciting times in SprgFB
Speaking of normalizing ticketing process across the league...

https://nitter.1d4.us/ByPatRifino/statu ... 64667712#m

>> Corey Helvey@helvey_corey
I do have a professional update and thank you to the many who reached out to check on me. I'm proud to announce that I'll be running the ticketing department for the back to back USFL champions, the @USFLStallions! I'll be working remotely & traveling into Birmingham for our many events & gamedays. Our first game will be against the defending XFL champions, the @XFLRenegades, on March 30th to kickoff the United Football League season. Should you want information on ticket packages for the Stallions, email tickets@uflstallions.com or call 205-377-8228 <<
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

it will be interesting to see what happens with the Showboats when the Liberty Bowl undergoes renovations to the point where those renovations force them out.
yg1968
Kicker

Post by yg1968 »

XFL4ever wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:02 pm Loved when Pat McAfee gave major props to the XFL, he recognized it as the superior product. Nonetheless we are all one, so pumped. Now we need a schedule !
McAfee is clueless. There was a lot less dropped passes in the USFL than in the XFL in 2023. There was a lot of dropped passes in the USFL in year 1 but not in year 2. XFL 2023 was similar to USFL 2022 but USFL 2023 was much better than XFL 2023 in terms of quality of play. For a team, a year of experience makes a big difference.
Last edited by yg1968 on Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

yg1968 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:12 am
XFL4ever wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:02 pm Loved when Pat McAfee gave major props to the XFL, he recognized it as the superior product. Nonetheless we are all one, so pumped. Now we need a schedule !
McAfee is clueless. There was a lot less drop passes in the USFL than in the XFL in 2023. There was a lot of drop passes in the USFL in year 1 but not in year 2. XFL 2023 was similar to USFL 2022 but USFL 2023 was much better than XFL 2023 in terms of quality of play. For a team, a year of experience makes a big difference.
So you're saying the Chiefs could have played in the XFL last year :mrgreen:
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

The Orlando Guardians are now the seventh pro football failure for that market.....think they're feeling the burnout?
laxtreme56
Head Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Sounder wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:54 pm The Orlando Guardians are now the seventh pro football failure for that market.....think they're feeling the burnout?
And this is why all that talk about returning to these markets in a year or 2 seems premature. Once bitten twice shy comes to mind. I think you're better off expanding into old USFL markets if/when the time comes. It's not like the fine folks of New Orleans, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh had anything tangible taken from them like Seattle or Orlando had.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:37 pm
Sounder wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:54 pm The Orlando Guardians are now the seventh pro football failure for that market.....think they're feeling the burnout?
And this is why all that talk about returning to these markets in a year or 2 seems premature. Once bitten twice shy comes to mind. I think you're better off expanding into old USFL markets if/when the time comes. It's not like the fine folks of New Orleans, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh had anything tangible taken from them like Seattle or Orlando had.
I agree with this. In fact bring 2 USFL teams into the USFL Conf and let Houston return to XFL Conference - that's win win.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:37 pm
I think it depends a little bit on where the league is when it's time to expand. Sure, there will be fans in places like Seattle, burned twice now, who won't want anything to do with a team there, full stop. But if it's year five or six of the league, and it's thriving (relatively) and showing no signs of cracks in the foundation, I think then people may be more apt to embrace it if there's a confidence there that the team won't disappear like those that came before.

Agreed that coming back to a market like that in year two or three might be a little early for the wounds to have healed, but to me, the league would have to be tremendously successful (like, beyond our imagination) in a short period of time for them to expand that early.
@gregmparks