United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

United Football League (2024) Discussion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

Post by GDAWG »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:19 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:13 pm
XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:04 pm any mention of the other teams being put on pause or potentially coming back or are they officially dead never to be heard from again now?
Their twitter accounts are all signing off. I'm not sure you want to lead fans on by saying the team is on "pause," but I'm not sure you want to close the door completely by calling them officially dead, either. Probably best to not saying anything more right now.
That's understandable. However, when the inevitable dialogue about future expansion gets brought up, I really do hope there is push for the re-emergence of some of these teams that got left out of the merger.
It would be easier to bring back Orlando, Philly, New Jersey and New Orleans as they have stadium options. Vegas and Pittsburgh lack those options (unless Vegas gets an MLS team, which seems likely because every major sports league wants to go to Vegas and they will too).

If the Maulers do come back, it will not be in Pittsburgh unless the league pays a significant price to play at Acrisure.
XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Re: United Football League Reveals Team markets and Head Coaches for the 2024 Season

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 pm
Their twitter accounts are all signing off. I'm not sure you want to lead fans on by saying the team is on "pause," but I'm not sure you want to close the door completely by calling them officially dead, either. Probably best to not saying anything more right now.
That's understandable. However, when the inevitable dialogue about future expansion gets brought up, I really do hope there is push for the re-emergence of some of these teams that got left out of the merger.
It would be easier to bring back Orlando, Philly, New Jersey and New Orleans as they have stadium options. Vegas and Pittsburgh lack those options (unless Vegas gets an MLS team, which seems likely because every major sports league wants to go to Vegas and they will too).

If the Maulers do come back, it will not be in Pittsburgh unless the league pays a significant price to play at Acrisure.
I kind of hoped they'd put the Maulers in Canton. At least then you could bank on that Michigan/Ohio rivalry.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:29 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 pm

I kind of hoped they'd put the Maulers in Canton. At least then you could bank on that Michigan/Ohio rivalry.
Maulers in Canton would be better than Maulers in Pittsburgh.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:04 pm any mention of the other teams being put on pause or potentially coming back or are they officially dead never to be heard from again now?
Agreed.

It seems they haven't completely closed the door and deleted their accounts, though. Seattle is now "lurking in the fog," for instance.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 pm
Agreed.

It seems they haven't completely closed the door and deleted their accounts, though. Seattle is now "lurking in the fog," for instance.
Seattle will be the first option whenever the league decides to add multiple teams out West.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:08 pm
XFL4ever wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:02 pm Loved when Pat McAfee gave major props to the XFL, he recognized it as the superior product. Nonetheless we are all one, so pumped. Now we need a schedule !
Unfortunately Pat is a Rock azz kisser. His "facts" were all BS wrong. The viewers were virtually identical at 634k XFL, 631k USFL. Someone better tell him the leagues are merged and ragging on USFL is ragging on Rocks league now.

Other than that quip by McAfee it was a pretty good segment. But again focus on the fan experience more.
What's wrong with that? There were (and still are to this day) AFL loyalists--merger or no, would be the same here. Besides you could pick out five NFL teams' fans (namely Steelers, Niners, Raiders, and most recently Lions) who want the NFL to burn to the ground even though that would take their team down with it.

Anyway, Mac gave the USFL props (though it was mostly punters) when needed.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:58 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 pm
Agreed.

Seattle will be the first option whenever the league decides to add multiple teams out West.
What a crap 24 hours for the Emerald City, Kraken and Dawgs better not get dumped on. And answering your earlier question they could have Najee Harris and Riq Woolen show up for Birmingham/SA with Harris going Beast Mode again.
XFL4ever
Quarterback

Post by XFL4ever »

XFL4ever wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:02 pm Loved when Pat McAfee gave major props to the XFL, he recognized it as the superior product. Nonetheless we are all one, so pumped. Now we need a schedule !
Unfortunately Pat is a Rock azz kisser. His "facts" were all BS wrong. The viewers were virtually identical at 634k XFL, 631k USFL. Someone better tell him the leagues are merged and ragging on USFL is ragging on Rocks league now.

Other than that quip by McAfee it was a pretty good segment. But again focus on the fan experience more.
No reason to get bent out of shape. It was
Pat’s opinion, nothing more. I was just pointing it out because i agree with him. It really doesn’t matter because we all move forward now and hopefully the stands are packed for the games.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:17 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:58 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 pm Agreed.

What a crap 24 hours for the Emerald City, Kraken and Dawgs better not get dumped on. And answering your earlier question they could have Najee Harris and Riq Woolen show up for Birmingham/SA with Harris going Beast Mode again.
Or could have JPJ for a game depending if Wade keeps Pops on the staff, unlikely though.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

XFL4ever wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:52 pm

No reason to get bent out of shape. It was
Pat’s opinion, nothing more. I was just pointing it out because i agree with him. It really doesn’t matter because we all move forward now and hopefully the stands are packed for the games.
No one is bent out of shape. Just stating it didn't help the UFL or the Rock. That's obvious. The facts are the facts viewership was virtually Identical. He sounds like a tool IMO (its why I don't listen to his show or CFB Game Day) but hopefully he's not involved in broadcasts.

Agreed that it doesn't really matter. However TV viewership matters much more than attendance for success.

So far good start for UFL though I haven't seen any commercials on the CFB games yet, though I missed and channel flipping.