UFL Schedule to be Released Feb 5th

United Football League (2024) Discussion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: UFL Schedule to be Released Feb 5th

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:20 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:25 pm Hopefully Michigan will have better attendance.

Attendance at Mich was good last year, likely better this year  EJ Perry def got the crowd going.
What was their average per game?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:04 pm Curt Menefee and Joel Klatt will be back and will call the opener.

>>Curt Menefee@curtmenefee 
Join@joelklatt and me when the season kicks off March 30 when the 2-time USFL champion Birmingham Stallions meet the XFL champion Arlington Renegades!!
<<

F___g Awesome!!!  :D
4th&long
MVP

Re: UFL Championship at St Louis

Post by 4th&long »

Confirmed

https://pfnewsroom.com/news/st-louis-to ... june-16th/

>> James Larsen·February 5, 2024In the midst of the UFL schedule release, another nugget has emerged: The UFL Championship will be played in the city of St. Louis. <<

Was this rumored but not confirmed?  At any rate - Its St Louis for the championship!
4th&long
MVP

Re: UFL Playoff teams

Post by 4th&long »

UFL news release...

I thought there was goingto be a change for the payoffs so that Conf winners play next best 2 league teams ...  But now I see this...

https://www.theufl.com/news/united-foot ... 4-schedule

>> The Conference Championships will pit the top two teams with the best records in their respective conferences against each other <<
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Well done, right in the time frame I think they want to be. Future expansion might take the season from 10 to 12 games but establishing the league for a couple years out of the gate is obviously more important (although counting the USFL would be three straight years of a non-indoor spring league for the first time since NFLE). I do think that's on the table, and sooner than based on the three regional windows. As I said four years ago that's more for a 12-16 team league.

The Panthers starting with three at home means Michi-mania is a thing. Like the Panthers starting with the B-Hawks--even though I thought it was more of a week four-type game, tying in with the Lions (first playoff win literally in the lifetimes of everyone but the long snapper McQuaide vs the team that used to play in StL, and now the Panthers following suit with the team that does) is a big W.

DC starting in SA, where they got out with their lives in the season finale but weren't nearly as lucky three weeks later, is another boss scheduling move. Reminds me of the Seahawks opening up in Detroit in 2006.

Fair deal for the USFL side: Arlington and DC are broken up so that each of the four teams will host one or the other. Plus none of the other three teams play both Arlington and Birmingham on the road (HOU gets both at home).

No ABC in week 1, you'll see that the NHL took that week out too--gotta protect The Ten Commandments you know. But coming back with week two at the Dome in primetime is another strong W, harkens back to the week seven that would have been, with Cats/Hawks on FOX in a sold out Dome against the NCAAT on CBS. Love Ian Eagle and glad he's getting his first Final Four, but we got game here.

And of course the United Bowl, which should totally now be the name since the IFL ditched it for "IFL National Championship" (still ??? over that one), being in StL which matches up with my league two weeks later totally puts it over the top 

That about covers it for now

johnnyangryfuzzball
MVP

Re: UFL Championship at St Louis

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:14 pm Confirmed

https://pfnewsroom.com/news/st-louis-to ... june-16th/

>> James Larsen·February 5, 2024In the midst of the UFL schedule release, another nugget has emerged: The UFL Championship will be played in the city of St. Louis. <<

Was this rumored but not confirmed?  At any rate - Its St Louis for the championship!
Larsen attributes it to RJ Young but Young only said:
The UFL recognizes just how strong spring football has been in St. Louis, and it has been rumored that the city could host the title game at The Dome at America's Center
considering how aggressively Canton still wants it, the St. Louis claims seem to be quite premature. 
Rmbay
Running Back

Post by Rmbay »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 pm Which, of course, leads to another question: will we be getting official attendance figures this year? USFL embargoed that information, unlike pretty much every other league. 

I'm assuming that with all their teams in home cities and Russ Brandon now in charge,  that embargo isn't necessary anymore. 
I'm pretty positive they will, especially when they can point to a St. Louis and use it to help grease the hype machine and get some buzz going.  
4th&long
MVP

SMW: UFL Schedule posted on website

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/ufl-tv ... pn-abc-fx/

>> See when and where to watch the latest spring football effort with the 2024 UFL TV schedule on ESPN, ABC and Fox Sports. The product of a merger between the XFL and USFL, the UFL begins play March 30. All ESPN/ABC games will be simulcast on ESPN+, which can be purchased for $10.99/month here. <<

Gotta like that SMW at least appears to be looking to track spring FB ratings again, possibly more robustly this year,