United Football League (2024) Discussion
4th&long
MVP

HOF vies for Championship Game

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news/lo ... 095035007/

New UFL passes on Canton, but Hall of Fame Village vies for championship game

>>
-Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium hosted the USFL championship games since the league returned in 2022.
-Anne Graffice, the Village's executive vice president of global marketing and public affairs, said she hopes the CantonThe site of the championship game has not yet been announced, UFL spokesman Jeff Altstadter said.
<<

This is what we want to see, cities vying for UFL action.
Lone Star
Running Back

Re: HOF vies for Championship Game

Post by Lone Star »

I would like to see the championship game rotate between existing markets with good fanbases and give you a good chance to have at least 20K in attendance. St. Louis should be the obvious choice for 2024.

If you want to rotate every year between XFL and USFL markets, then you could go:

2025: Birmingham
2026: San Antonio
2027: Memphis
2028: Dallas

DC has great fans but unfortunately plays in one of the smaller MLS venues.
XFL4ever
Quarterback

Post by XFL4ever »

I agree with Lone Star. At least have one of the existing teams host it so you can have decent attendance.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Lone Star wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:00 pm I would like to see the championship game rotate between existing markets with good fanbases and give you a good chance to have at least 20K in attendance. St. Louis should be the obvious choice for 2024.

If you want to rotate every year between XFL and USFL markets, then you could go:

2025: Birmingham
2026: San Antonio
2027: Memphis
2028: Dallas

DC has great fans but unfortunately plays in one of the smaller MLS venues.
I don't disagree. And its likly the championship could be in St Louis this year.

But what I like to see here is that cities are looking at the UFL as something they want. That they are calling up the UFL - not vice-versa. The UFL is yr 3 of the USFL and 2 of the XFL, its got big money backing. It's being looked at as something desirable for these cities, and thats a good sign and a positive for the league.

Read the article - they are also looking to get Canton as a team location. Canton is part of the Cleveland TV market area. Its got a perfect stadium and is in FB crazy Ohio. Its not impossible. Cities vying for UFL action is exactly what a young league wants.